We had a couple new faces come out to the kickoff of Nutmeg InfoSec Meetup. We discussed the state of the CT InfoSec community over some beer and pizza. Thankfully we all seem to believe that it exists and just needs a push to get more people involved. We eventually moved over to the classroom to a talk about Shodan.io. The slides will be posted shortly, but you will get more out of actually checking it out and searching the “Internet of Things.”
If you couldn’t make it out to last week’s meetup, don’t worry! We plan to do this every month. We will most likely finish out the year at NESIT Hackerspace, but after the holidays we will look at moving around the State. If you happen to know of a good location between Hartford and New Haven, let us know!
Looking forward to the next one!
So what do you need to know for Wednesday October 15th?
- Laptops not required, unless you are planning to present on something.
- For those presenting, projector supports VGA input, so bring adapters if you need to.
- The event is free, but NESIT is kind enough to allow us to use the space, so donations are welcomed. NESIT is a 501(3)(c) so it is tax deductible.
- Pizza and Soda and other cold beverages will be provided courtesy of the host.
- If the building entrance (East Entrance) is locked, call the NESIT number (sign on door) and someone will come down to let you in.
- Be ready to participate, this is not intended to be a “Death by PowerPoint” night, we get enough of that at work!
- Bring a friend!
- Bring some business cards, after all it is a networking event.
- Where’s NESIT? – 290 Pratt St,, Meriden, CT – East entrance go up one floor and follow the signs.
Any questions you can send them to info(at)nutmeginfosec.com
We are being quite productive over here. The site is up and running, a calendar of events has been added, and now we are running over SSL! Eventually the stuff over on Meetup.com will be moved over to here. Feel free to register to become part of the CT InfoSec community!
Also don’t forget the first official Meetup night on October 15th @ NESIT Hackerspace!